Crazy, Stupid Love doesn’t disappoint

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Picture
Photo used with permission from Warner Bros Studios
In Crazy Stupid Love, Carl Weaver (Steve Carell), a high strung and stereotypical dad, learns his wife and high school sweetheart (Julianne Moore) cheated on him and wants a divorce.
Carl meets a handsome womanizer, Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling) who decides to help Carl rediscover his manhood.
Even though this is a romantic comedy, there is not as much romance as you would think seeing as the movie title is Crazy Stupid Love. However, the humor is not lacking. Most of the situations involving Carl’s divorce and his dad-like ways are played out in a humorous way by making fun of Carl. Even though the topic is divorce, they take a very humorous approach on it instead of a depressing one. This makes the movie more uplifting and easier to watch.
As the movie goes on, viewers become more involved with the characters. I especially enjoyed the main character of Carl Weaver because he was humorous but also realistic. I also really enjoyed Carl’s son because he seemed mature for a 13-year-old character, but he is also just trying to figure out what love is all about.
The movie appeals to humor lovers with a soft spot. The only negative feedback is that the advertisements don’t tell how the movie really is. On television, the movie appears as though there is only one story line of Carl and his wife but in the movie, the other events are just as important. The trailer also confused me before I went to go see the movie and I wasn’t sure exactly what the movie was about.
The movie scored a 74 percent “fresh” rating at Rotten Tomatoes and almost all of the seats in the theater were occupied when I went to go see it.
The impressive cast and the message of love is worth fighting for make this movie a must-see this fall. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys humor, surprises, and a little bit of love. Overall, I think Crazy Stupid Love tells a mesmerizing story and if you go see it, you won’t be let down.
Abby Bamburg, Entertainment Editor
Abby is a junior at Blue Valley high school and this is her second year on the Tiger Print. She is the entertainment editor. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, listening to music and hanging out with friends. She wants to be a journalist when she gets older and live in a big city.
Activate Search
Crazy, Stupid Love doesn’t disappoint