#TrendingNow: Wearing the Fall 2014 Runway

Cameras flash.

Popular tunes blare through the speakers.

Models confidently walk down the runway, wearing clothes you admire but could never pull off.

Or can you?

This fall, the runway trends are easily transferrable to the halls of Blue Valley, ranging in everything from heavy knits to retro.

The Trend: Shearling

What it is?: The wool or fleece from a sheep accenting an article of clothing.

Key Pieces: Vest or jacket with shearling collar, boots with shearling lining

Shop The Look: ASOS.com, Guess, Piperlime.com

Pulling It Off: Choose one piece with a shearling element. Pair the piece with basics such as a T-shirt or a solid color button-down and jeans.

Seen at: Prada, Burberry Prorsum, Alexander Wang, Coach, Marni, Reed Krakoff, Emilio Pucci, Isabel Marant, Tommy Hilfiger, Diesel Black Gold, Polo Ralph Lauren, Oscar de la Renta, Etro, Rebecca Minkoff

The Trend: Sixties Mod

What is it?: The trendy style of dress in the 1960s.

Key Pieces: Color-blocked shift dress, flats or boots, solid-color straight-leg pants

Shop The Look: Modcloth.com, Anthropologie, Forever 21

Pulling It Off: Keep accessories simple. A color-blocked shift dress can be matched with plain neutral colored loafers, and solid-color straight-leg pants can either be paired with a boxy top or simple button-down.

Seen at: Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Saint Laurent, Valentino, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Miu Miu, Christopher Kane, Carven, Mary Katrantzou, Erdem, Tory Burch

The Trend: Chunky Sweaters

What is it?: A heavy cardigan or pullover sweater.

Key Pieces: Oversized pullover, long neutral-colored cardigan

Shop The Look: American Eagle Outfitters, H&M, Altar’d State

Pulling It Off: Chunky sweaters can be paired with almost anything as long as the sweater is a neutral color. Wear with a dress and tights, a skirt with boots and socks or jeans and a T-shirt.

Seen at: Céline, Michael Kors, Lanvin, Stella McCartney, Calvin Klein Collection, The Row, Nina Ricci, Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, Chloé, Alexander McQueen, Salvatore Ferragamo, Suno, Sonia Rykiel

Sophia Ragomo
Sophia Ragomo, Photo Editor
Sophia Ragomo is the Photo Editor of “The Tiger Print.” She likes taking pictures...a lot. Besides working on the newspaper, she is a member of Rep Theater, NHS and Quill and Scroll. Outside of school, she enjoys singing, playing guitar and violin with her band. She intends to major in Photography and hopes to end up somewhere in the world of fashion.