Funky, Fresh, February

If you are looking for ways to celebrate the month of February besides the standard Valentine’s Day or Presidents Day — look no further. This list of holidays will help you to find a reason to celebrate all month long.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Funky, Fresh, February

Charlie Trent and Claire Powell

More Ways to Celebrate:

(2) Groundhog Day:

Each year in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, a groundhog named Punxsutawney Phil steps outside his burrow. If he sees his shadow, he’ll rush back inside his home as a way of declaring six more months of winter. Of course, a groundhog can’t tell if America will have six more months of winter or an early spring, but the holiday is still well known throughout the country.

(4) Stuffed Mushroom Day:

For the select few who enjoy mushrooms, this is just the right holiday. Obviously, the best way to celebrate the day is to eat stuffed mushrooms, whether it’s finding your own recipe for a night in or going out to a nice restaurant with a couple of friends or family.

(7) Wave All Your Fingers at Your Neighbors Day:

Have an unspoken hatred for your neighbor? Well on Feb. 7, you might have a problem because this day is all about loving thy neighbor. Put all of your matters aside and give a warm smile and friendly wave to your neighbor. You may even realize that they’re a really cool person, and you’ll forget why you hated each other in the first place.

(11) National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day:

Though the name seems to give away what this holiday is about, it actually doesn’t. National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day is a day to be optimistic and positive. The holiday actually comes from a proverb from 1659, saying “No weeping for shed milk.” It means you can’t change what has already happened, and you have accept it.

(12) Darwin Day:

Created in 2003 in honor of scientist Charles Darwin’s birthday, Darwin Day was created. Thanks to the foundation called the International Darwin Day Celebration and the American Humanist Association, this holiday can be celebrated with several activities on the official website.

(20) National Love Your Pet Day:

What may this holiday be about? You guessed it — appreciating your pet.

This holiday is a reminder for pet owners all around the country to give their pet some extra loving. A way to show you love your animal friend is to get them a treat, or if you have a furry canine, to take them on nice long walk.

(28) National Public Sleeping Day:

Tired after a long, boring lecture? Well, on Feb. 28, you can take a nap in public, and it will be somewhat acceptable. The best way to celebrate this day is to take a nice power nap. You can do this by a tree with great shade, on a bus, or if you are willing to miss what x equals, at your desk during math class.

About the Writers
Charlie Trent, Staff Writer

Charlie Trent is a freshman staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She is in choir at BV and dances at Miller Marley. Charlie also spends her freetime singing, performing and plugging her snap (@charlie_trenty). Charlie is also a Welch’s fruit snack enthusiast and enjoys eating Chick-Fil-A multiple times a week. In the future, Charlie hopes to go to college for a degree in Musical Theatre.

Claire Powell, Staff Writer

Claire Powell is a sophomore staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” Her job is to speak to clients on the phone, about quantities and types of copier...

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Oh how the tables have turned

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Stressed to Blessed

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Time After Time

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Inside “Jokes”

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

An Eye for Fashion

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Editor’s Picks

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

A “Shallow” Assumption

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Summer Ready?

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

Digital Detox

• Funky, Fresh, February

Entertainment

The Fast Fashion of the Past

Funky, Fresh, February