Boisterous Blondes

Blondes Really DO Have More Fun

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boisterous Blondes

Lauren Reddin, Staff Writer

I consider it a miracle that I was born with blonde hair. In a world where people pay thousands of dollars per year to maintain perfectly-colored blonde tresses, I can’t help but thank my lucky stars that I came out with them naturally. But why do people pay exuberant amounts of money to obtain something as superficial as blonde hair?

To start, blonde hair symbolizes youthfulness, as many people have blonde hair during their childhood until it darkens during puberty. This youthful attitude allows blondes to be more carefree, feeling less pressure to conform to maturity standards that come with adulthood.

Moreover, hair naturally lightens during the summer, a time most often associated with freedom, further developing the idea that blonde hair is representative of liberation.

The colors yellow and white are the most similar to blonde hair, and in literature these colors symbolize happiness, purity, and youth. Additionally, blonde hair in literature is often used to show the innocence and virtuousness of a character (yes, I payed attention in HELA 9).

These factors, to me, prove that blonde hair is the epitome of femininity and youthfulness.

Being blonde my whole life, I’ve come to realize that the color of my hair has shaped me into who I am today. My outlook on life and how I carry myself can be partly attributed to the hair color assigned to me at birth. When people pay for blonde hair they’re paying for more than just the hair dye; they’re paying for a carefree attitude and feeling of liberation because, after all, blondes really DO have more fun.

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Hooked on Books

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Kim Possible

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Socks With Sandals

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Keeping digital tabs on teenager’s locations is unjustified, invasive; fosters sense of distrust

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Streaming Service Showdown

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Serial or Sport

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Self Love Isn’t Selfish

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

New Year, New Macs

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Extending Tiger Paws

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Comfort During Finals

Boisterous Blondes