Boisterous Blondes

Blondes Really DO Have More Fun

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boisterous Blondes

Lauren Reddin, Staff Writer

I consider it a miracle that I was born with blonde hair. In a world where people pay thousands of dollars per year to maintain perfectly-colored blonde tresses, I can’t help but thank my lucky stars that I came out with them naturally. But why do people pay exuberant amounts of money to obtain something as superficial as blonde hair?

To start, blonde hair symbolizes youthfulness, as many people have blonde hair during their childhood until it darkens during puberty. This youthful attitude allows blondes to be more carefree, feeling less pressure to conform to maturity standards that come with adulthood.

Moreover, hair naturally lightens during the summer, a time most often associated with freedom, further developing the idea that blonde hair is representative of liberation.

The colors yellow and white are the most similar to blonde hair, and in literature these colors symbolize happiness, purity, and youth. Additionally, blonde hair in literature is often used to show the innocence and virtuousness of a character (yes, I payed attention in HELA 9).

These factors, to me, prove that blonde hair is the epitome of femininity and youthfulness.

Being blonde my whole life, I’ve come to realize that the color of my hair has shaped me into who I am today. My outlook on life and how I carry myself can be partly attributed to the hair color assigned to me at birth. When people pay for blonde hair they’re paying for more than just the hair dye; they’re paying for a carefree attitude and feeling of liberation because, after all, blondes really DO have more fun.

About the Writer
Lauren Reddin, Staff Writer

Lauren Reddin is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She has always loved writing, which is why she chose to join the newspaper staff. Outside...

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Dogs that Deserve Better

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Jammin Out…But With What

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Cake vs. Cupcake

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Where Do Babies Come From?

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Letter from the Editor

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Even Your AirPods Can’t Block Out This Story

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Bringing Out the Big Guns

• Opinion

Staff Ed: Security should not solely be justified by the possibility of future threats

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

We’ve Got Spirit How ’bout You?

• Boisterous Blondes

Opinion

Happily Ever After High School

Boisterous Blondes