Streaming Service Showdown

Josie Cuthbertson and Emily Cummings

Hulu-

Netflix and Hulu are often what comes to mind when regarding popular streaming services. Although Netflix is hailed as the more popular out of the pair, Hulu reigns in both quality and quantity.

Hulu includes live TV streaming, including sports, which Netflix does not offer.

A study done by Sabienna Bowman on ReelGood.com reveals Hulu ranks number-one in the number of TV shows, with 1,784 shows as of September 2018 — passing every streaming service, including Netflix.

It has fewer originals but many more popular TV networks than Netflix.

Netflix makes subscribers wait for new episodes of TV shows after the next season is aired, and movies take a long time to arrive as well. However, Hulu has TV episodes available within a day of airing episodes, with movies being added to Hulu’s catalog quickly.

According to the study, Hulu features the highest number of shows with a rating above 8/10 on IMDb.

When the two most popular streaming services are put head-to-head, Hulu comes out on top.

Netflix-

Out of all the live-streaming programs, Netflix is the best.

Netflix has a skyrocketing 125 million monthly subscribers. The heavy fanbase is an indicator of how amazing Netflix is.

Even though some people argue Hulu is better because it streams new episodes of TV shows immediately, whereas Netflix takes a bit longer.

However, Netflix has many more productions to choose from, including over 100,000 movies and TV shows.

Netflix even has its own original productions that include award-winning TV shows such as, “Stranger Things” and “Orange is the New Black.”

Netflix is available in 190 countries, whereas Hulu is only available in United States Territories and Japan.

Hulu also has commercials, unless you spend the extra money to eliminate them.

Overall, Netflix is the best option for a streaming service because of its availability and amount of movies and TV shows to watch.

About the Writers
Josie Cuthbertson, Staff Writer

Josie Cuthbertson is a junior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She enjoys listening to music, eating Taco Bell, and spending time with her two cats. She works at Freddy’s on 135th street. She drives a minivan and likes Mario Kart. She constantly looks like she is on the verge of tears but that’s just her face. Her favorite fictional dog is Courage the Cowardly Dog. Her birth name is Josephine, but she is often addressed as Josie, Jackie, or Boo Boo the Fool.

Emily Cummings, Staff Writer

Emily Cummings is a sophomore staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She loves her late night shifts at Price Chopper and watching makeup videos. One...

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Dogs that Deserve Better

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Jammin Out…But With What

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Cake vs. Cupcake

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Where Do Babies Come From?

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Letter from the Editor

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Even Your AirPods Can’t Block Out This Story

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Bringing Out the Big Guns

• Opinion

Staff Ed: Security should not solely be justified by the possibility of future threats

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

We’ve Got Spirit How ’bout You?

• Streaming Service Showdown

Opinion

Happily Ever After High School

Streaming Service Showdown