Top Fortnite Skins

Staff writer shares thoughts on top fortnite skins
Top Fortnite Skins

Through the vast 1700+ skins in the game of Fortnite, only a select few can truly be deemed as goated. It’s only human nature to wonder about the criteria that make these skins desirable. It can only be assessed that the most logical criteria for a skin would follow: Rarity, size, reusability, and human attraction. 

To provide some background information, Fortnite Battle Royale is a free-to-play battle royale. Although free, the world of the market demands income. How is that income made? Through cosmetics or customization that adds no competitive advantage to the game. The mechanic of the item shop allows for the rotation of old or new skins, which can be bought using the virtual currency, “V-Bucks.” 

Coupled with the implementation of an ever-changing rotation of items, as well as the long-running nature of the game, some skins have acquired a rarity only comparable to that of diamond. While skins grant no competitive advantage, some are bigger than others (and thus an easier target). Often when purchasing a skin from the item shop, most people expect to use said skin for months on end, and for some people that is the case. For the majority though, they suffer burnout. It’s vital to have a strong skin rotation, so that way skins stay in use for way longer than the average span. Above all criteria, however, towers one key component to make a skin. Human attraction.

With the criteria in mind, it’s time to see which skins make the cut for being truly goated. 

Number one, with an overall score of 10, 9, 10, 6, is Renegade Raider. This skin earns this place based on one factor. It is an icon. In the world of Fortnite, this skin has acquired a reputation. Not only for greatness but for its elusivity. In this world, people value a level of rareness. For example, happiness. People search their whole lives for this thing we call happiness, and yet that desire is stomped to dust by the Renegade Raider. A recent survey concluded that 98/100 people would rather own Renegade Raider than truly be happy.

Number two, with an overall score of 8, 8, 9, 10, is Chun Li. There’s one very big reason that this skin tops the charts in terms of human attraction– its correlation to the hit game, Streetfighter. This connection allows fans to reside their love in one game into another. This collaboration makes for the genuine love of this skin, and real-life desire to add to a rotation.

Number three, with an overall score of 5, 8, 10, 10, is Jonesy. This skin is the accredited face of Fortnite. A master of prestige. Of honour. This skin can only be placed in the highest regard due to its loveability and direct accompaniment of a warm hearty feeling.

Michael Leach
Michael Leach, Staff Writer
Michael Leach is a sophomore starting his first year on the newspaper staff. He is excited to write about events in the school, and even more excited to take photos. He plans to run track this year. Outside of school, he is big on music and has devoted all his achievements to his one true idol: Kendrick Lamar.