Album Review: Demi Lovato

Demi Lovato’s new album, DEMI, was released on May 14. This album is full of 13 catchy, pop songs including her hit single “Heart Attack.” DEMI is her second album after leaving rehab, her first being Unbroken.

It includes “Warrior,” a song that serves as a sequel to “Skyscraper” from the previous album. It tells the stories of her recoveries from self-injury and bipolar disorder. This song shows off her amazing vocals and has a piano melody in the background.

All of her songs have super powerful messages that are relatable and are just incredible.

My favorite song is “Nightingale” because I love the piano and orchestra that she uses. It really enhances her voice and makes it sound strong. The lyrics are very sweet, and it almost sounds like a lullaby which is what the song is about.

One of Lovato’s tracks, “Really Don’t Care,” features British singer/rapper Cher Lloyd. This song is very upbeat and happy with a really strong beat.

Another one of my favorites is “Made In The USA.” It basically sounds like a typical pop song that you’d want to blast in your car all summer long.

This album debuted in the Top 10 on iTunes in the U.S., Canada, Greece, France, Spain, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand.

Her single “Heart Attack” was her fastest-selling single so far, and it reached No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Overall, I think this is going to be a really successful album and one of Lovato’s best.

Caroline Meinzenbach, Opinion Editor
Caroline is a junior at Blue Valley and this is her second year on the Tiger Print staff. She is the opinion editor. Caroline is involved in Relay for Life, Quill and Scroll and is a Tiger Mentor. In her free time, she enjoys watching sports, playing guitar and listening to music.
Activate Search
Album Review: Demi Lovato