Top 5 Super Bowl Commercials of 2014

With a final score of 43-8, Super Bowl XLVlll was not the best year for football. Thankfully, some of the commercials made the time in between the game more enjoyable.

1. Budweiser: Puppy Love
Budweiser’s puppy gained a large portion of the spotlight this Super Bowl as it shows the viewers what it means to be a true friend. This commercial is about a golden retriever who is adopted but keeps returning home to find his friend, a Clydesdale horse.

2. Cheerios: Gracie
In this ad, a young girl named Gracie asks if Cheerios keeps her dad’s heart healthy. When her mom replies yes, Gracie walks over and pours a box of Cheerios onto her dad’s chest to ensure his heart is always healthy.

3. Beats Music: Ellen’s Fairy Tale
TV personality Ellen DeGeneres plays a Goldilocks, who loves music in this commercial. She sneaks into the three bears’ apartment and samples Mama, Papa and Teen Bear’s music. But when DeGeneres discovers Beats, she finds the music just right for her.

4. Toyota: Muppets Most Wanted
In the Toyota ad, Terry Crews is going on a road trip when his car is taken over by The Muppets. They proceed to drive him around town to different locations in the city.

5. Doritos: Time Machine
The commercial is about a boy who makes a time machine to trick his neighbor into entering the box in a plot to steal his Doritos. When the machine “launches,” the neighbor believes he is being transported into the future.

Super Bowl By the Numbers:

• The Super Bowl this year had 111.3 million viewers.
  • It cost $4 million for a 30 second commercial.
  • Only 70 percent of brands will be remembered after the game.
  • Only 30 percent of brands had an increase in purchases.

Statistics from bleacherreport.com.

Cassie Nichols
Cassie Nichols, Staff Writer
Sophomore Cassie Nichols is a first-time staff writer for Tiger Print. She loves to write and is super excited to be a part of the newspaper staff. She wants to continue with Tiger Print throughout high school and become an entertainment or sports journalist when she is older. Outside of the journalism room Cassie is involved in FCA, KAY Club and played on the JV soccer team her freshman year. She also plays club soccer for Kansas Rush Wolves Academy, competing on a Regional level and traveling often. In her free time Cassie loves to spend time with her friends and family. She is looking forward to her sophomore year and can’t wait for all the fun to come in newspaper.
Top 5 Super Bowl Commercials of 2014