The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Veronica Peterson, Staff Writer

When I’m bored, I often find myself with the desire to watch some awful movies. With virtually no plans over the summer, I know I’ll have to improvise on some days. Here are some of the best worst movies I’ve ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching.

1. The Room. Johnny, played by the writer and director Tommy Wiseau, is living with his fianceé, Lisa. She inexplicably gets tired of him and cheats on him with his best friend, Mark. The writing in this film is terrible. Almost every one of Wiseau’s lines is clearly dubbed, and even so, you can hardly understand what he’s trying to say, but it’s still hilarious.
  2. Troll 2. A “delusional” child, Joshua, gets visited by his late grandfather who warns him about goblins that turn their victims into plants and eat them. He and his family go on a trip to a town called Nilbog (yes, that’s goblin backward,) that is inhabited by goblins in disguise. This is a great example of a classic bad film. The visual effects are abhorrent, and the acting sucks — not that they had an amazing script to work with, though.
  3. Love on a Leash. A film about a dog and a woman that fall in love. You’d think that with such a simple plot and a running time of fewer than 90 minutes, this would be a pretty easy-to-sit-through movie, but you’d be wrong… it gets really confusing.
  4. Cool Cat Saves the Kids. A man in a giant cat costume stops bullying forever. Thanks, Cool Cat!
  5. Birdemic: Shock and Terror. Rod, a blank-slate salesman, starts dating a Victoria’s Secret model named Nathalie. One day, “a horde of mutated birds” descend upon the town and go after everyone and everything, so Rod and his girlfriend fight back to survive. To summarize, everything is terrible. The visual and sound effects, acting, direction, and cinematography are all terrible. It’s charmingly terrible.

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

Ways to get Spooky for Halloween

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

Makeup Insider

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

Muhammad Ollie

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

True Crime Podcast: Kansas City Edition

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

Blue Valley Bloggers

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

Hole In the Wall

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

This Product is Cruelty-Free

• The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch

Entertainment

The Rise of a New Industry

• Entertainment

Finessing Art College

• Entertainment

Summer Bucket List

The Best of the Worst Movies to Watch