You’re on Camera

Students share funny moments caught on video doorbell cameras

With the rise of home surveillance, video doorbells such as Rings can be seen almost everywhere. Originally created to put an end to porch piracy and make home life more convenient, they have become a staple to most households.

While they can be very helpful, these doorbells have a motion sensor and often record anything and everything going on around them, which can end up in some pretty strange photos and videos.

“My family was testing the doorbell for the first time. My dad went up to the camera and made one of the funniest faces I’ve seen to date. We still use the picture from the footage today and send it to each other.” – Everett Davis, 11

“One of my neighbors play[ed] the Reveille trumpet wake up call at our door with a kid’s toy trumpet.” – KJ Murphy, 11

“There was a little kid who came up on Halloween [who] yelled [at] the screen and then broke our porch railing.” – Isabelle Liekhus, 9

Callie Dyches
Callie Dyches, Staff Writer
Callie Dyches is a junior, and it is her first year on staff. She loves reading, writing, programming, and hanging out with friends. She works at a bakery and spends the majority of her time daydreaming about her many half-finished projects. She also loves walking, playing, and cuddling with her two Boston terriers.