Preserving Memories

Camera lenses capture moments throughout senior year

August

“Cross country was a significant part of my senior year and definitely what I will miss most about high school. I joined on a whim for the challenge. Between the long runs, cheering on teammates, C-team shenanigans and Breck’s mom’s muffins, what’s not to love?” -Brody Wingrove

September

“Being a part of the tennis team has positively impacted my time at BV so greatly. The rich, family-like bond I created with the girls on the team is so enlightening. We have created such an uplifting atmosphere, it is truly like no other sport. No matter if we win or lose on the court, I know I truly have won by being on a team with these special girls.” -Kaitlyn Gravitt

October

“Not only did I have Señora Sanflé as a Spanish teacher, she was part of my family. Her and my dad fought cancer through chemotherapy together a few years back. Having the Sanflé memorial at the pink out football game was my way of spreading her message to as many people as I can in order to continue her legacy.” -JuJu Mayers

November

“What I love about performing is the ability to become someone different than yourself. It’s impacted my high school experience by expanding my self confidence and getting me connected with great people. When I graduate I’m really going to miss the theatre department because it’s such an amazing community.” -Bennett Calvert

December

“This was part of the opening scene of ‘Newsies,’ and it was one of the first dances we got to choreograph. It was so much fun to do ‘Newsies’ as my senior show because it is such an amazing show singing- and dancing-wise. I was able to see how much myself and others have grown doing shows throughout our years.” -Ellie Moser

January

“In that photo, I was probably cheesing talking smack to somebody on the free throw line. Basketball has made me able to communicate with more people. It’s brought me a lot of friends and people I consider family, and it’s made me very disciplined and dedicated to everything I do.” -Jadyn Wooten

February

“Doing the class dance has always brought me so much joy and has always helped me feel closer with my grade. It was important for me to participate because it was my senior year, and I want to leave feeling connected with my peers.” -Mattie Thornton

March

“I loved being a part of Relay For Life. It’s a great way to get involved with the community and give back in such a special way. I’ll for sure miss it, as it’s brought me closer with my friends and my school community.” -Noah Johnson

April

“In this photo I was in my flow state, pitch after pitch, it feels like that’s where I belong. The family created in the baseball program is unlike any brotherhood anywhere else in school — it’s always something I look forward to. Baseball, throughout high school, has been all positive for the most part. It has made my experience something I will always remember” -Nolan Haas

May

“I chose Mr. Scardino as my teacher I appreciate because he has really helped me get through my last two years of high school. He has always encouraged me to do my best and believed that I could do anything.” -Brooke Goswick

Emma McAtee
Emma McAtee, Staff Writer
Emma McAtee is a junior and it is her second year on staff. Emma is involved in the musical, Cross Country, Track, Tiger TV, NHHS,Quill and Scroll, and is vice president of the Junior class for Stuco. Outside of school, Emma works at THE Sunset Grill and enjoys being a waitress. Emma enjoys taking film photos and late nights with friends. She’s excited for this upcoming year and to make more memories with the staff members! :)