Student Spotlight: Rajvi Shah

The alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m.
Cardio for an hour.
A 6:00 a.m. shower.
A Student Council or National Honor Society meeting at 7:00 a.m.
Work in the debate room or the library until school starts.
Club meetings after school, and managing boy’s tennis.
After all of that: homework.
This is a typical busy day for Senior Rajvi Shah.
Shah is the vice president of National Honors Society and a member of National French Honors Society, Science National Honors Society, National Math Honors Society and National Society of High School Scholars.
Shah is also the JV tennis captain, Student Council diversity chair, Executive Tiger Mentor, and manager for the Boys Tennis team. During first semester, Shah played girl’s tennis, and in second semester she manages the boy’s tennis team.
To keep herself organized, Shah said she simply uses her school planner and makes sure to schedule events as soon as they arise so she doesn’t overwork herself. “I’m occupied year-round,” she said. “In the summer I make 3 major calendars because I get super busy.”
Shah said she remains busy on the weekends as well, through participation in both Debate and Forensics, where she is involved in tournaments on Fridays and Saturdays.
Shah is also a part of many activities outside of school. Shah is a senior bollywood dance leader, a Kay Club and Diversity Club member, and a volunteer at the Menorah Medical Center.
“I have been blessed with so much,” she said. “I want to make myself a better person and help the community.”
Shah hopes to pursue a career in the medical field. Her plans for college involve an accelerated or guaranteedmedical program that will offer her dual admission in undergraduate study and give her a spot in the medical school.
“I am looking at 3 schools on the East coast and 5 in the Midwest,” she said. “I hope to major in cognitive neuroscience. Then I’d like to pursue my career as a neurologist with a fellowship in psychology.”
Shah said she motivates herself but her parents and society play a role too.
“The way I was raised was to be mature and stay on top of things,” she said. “I have supportive friends and teachers who help me reach my goals and are guiding me every step of the way.”
Senior Courtney Woodworth said Shah has a really strong work ethic and a keen sense of organization.
“She’s  naturally a self-motivated person and I think that quality is going to take her really far in life,” Woodworth said.
According to her friends, Rajvi never seems to show signs of stress.
“I’ve never seen Rajvi stressed,” Woodworth said. “She’s involved in various activities inside and outside of school, and she’s in a few AP classes and she still always has her work done,” Woodworth said, “She knows how to manage her life efficiently.”

Alex Kontopanos
Alex Kontopanos, Photo Editor
Senior Alex Kontopanos is thrilled for her second year on the newspaper staff as co-photo editor. Alex is a member of National Honors Society, Quill and Scroll Honors Society, Tiger Mentor and REbeL Club. She is also the president of National French Honors Society. She also participates in Relay For Life and tech crew for the school musicals. Alex loves to do anything that involves art and creativity, especially drawing and photography. She also likes to sing 99 percent of the time, in three different languages: English, Greek and French. Alex is looking to double majoring in business marketing and visual arts somewhere on the East Coast.
Student Spotlight: Rajvi Shah