Passion That Helps

Senior goes on medical mission trip

While the majority of students went to the beach or went hiking over the summer, this is not the case for senior Aubrey Hudkins. Hudkins spent eight days in Monte Llano, Guatemala for her yearly medical mission trip. 

Hudkins has been a caretaker at the Clinica Ezell Hospital for three years and finds doing this is a strong passion of hers. 

“I decided to go on these mission trips because I have always felt a passion for helping people and this is one way that I can give back to others,” she said.

Although Hudkins is a caretaker, she does as much as she can to help the hospital.

“Since I am not a professional health care worker, I try to do whatever I can to be useful,” Hudkins said. “So I get to play with the kids, take vitals or clean beds. I do anything that the nurses and doctors need.”

While Hudkins was only a caretaker, her dad was an important figure in the hospital who helped many children in need.

“My favorite part was that my dad was a top surgeon,” she said. “I loved getting to watch my dad do surgeries and help all the kids” 

Even though this was Hudkin’s third year, she would repeat the experience again.

“I definitely plan to go back next year and many more years to come!” Hudkins said.

Miranda Henry
Miranda Henry, Staff Writer
Miranda Henry is a junior and it is her first year on staff. She looks forward to being involved in newspaper staff as well as being in yearbook staff. Outside of school, Miranda plays club soccer, always with all her friends, listening to all of her favorite country artists, shopping, and loves going to country concerts whenever she gets the chance to. Miranda is so excited for this upcoming year and is most excited to make new memories and friends in newspaper.