Relay for Life Bank Night coming up

Important iInformation
Relay For Life Bank Night was moved to Thursday, Feb. 28 on account of snow and will take place in room 222. Team captains need to have all their team’s money ready to turn in at the meeting.
Each team member needs $100 to participate for the whole event from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. on March 7-8, or $25 to stay from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Relay For Life Committee members are selling luminarias this week during lunch to honor those who had or have cancer.
For those of you procrastinators who haven’t even started raising money yet, don’t worry. You can still get to fundraising and get enough money to participate.
Raising money

• Ask your family: If you have family in town, simply give them a call and ask if they would like to donate. You could offer to go by their house to get the money and keep it hassle-free for them. Family members are usually very willing to contribute.
  • Ask your neighbors: If you have any neighbors that you are good friends with, go ask if they would like to donate. This would be a quick and easy way to raise some money.
  • Use your own money: If you can’t raise money in time you can always break out some of your own.
  • Online fundraising: Send out an email to that asks if people would like to donate. Even if you just ask them for $5 each, if you send it to a lot of people that could really add up.
Hailey McEntee
Hailey McEntee, Co-Editor
Senior Hailey McEntee is excited for her third year on the newspaper staff. As co-editor, she is looking forward to carrying on the legacy of her past editors. She wants to create a positive atmosphere and make sure everyone has fun. Her absolute favorite thing to do for the paper is design pages — she loves being able to show her creativity. She has an awkward obsession with InDesign. Hailey loves going to youth group at St. Michael the Archangel and going on mission trips, conferences and retreats. She is also involved in Tiger Mentoring, Relay for Life Committee, Quill and Scroll Honor Society and National Honor Society. Hailey plays club soccer for the Kansas Rush Wolves and has played on varsity for the high school since sophomore year — she was named to First Team All-State last season. She is committed to play soccer at Benedictine College starting in the fall of 2014. She is looking forward to a great senior year and making memories in newspaper with her best friends. Follow her on twitter @hay_mac21.
Relay for Life Bank Night coming up