Schools on Strike

school faculty hold strike for series of issues

Date Shot: Aug 27, 2018  FULL SLUG: WA:Teachers protest & prepare to strike Friday

Date Shot: Aug 27, 2018 FULL SLUG: WA:Teachers protest & prepare to strike Friday

Liya Patel, Staff Writer

All across the nation, teachers and students have been going on strike.

Lately, it seems to be that many teachers have been going on strike for unequal pay. One state in particular has seen the effects of striking, first hand. According to CNN, many of the teachers in the Washington school districts are demanding new contracts and higher pay for the work that they due.

As the issue continues to grow, many schools across the nation have started to work  with their state government to help create new payment terms for teachers across the nation. But teachers aren’t the only people who have been affected throughout this process. Many students have had to postpone their new school year, due to the strikes.

Although unequal payment of school teachers is a nationwide issue, it is slowly being resolved through strikes and protests, along with petitions and contracts.

Maybe in the future, school systems across the nation can begin to change for the better.

About the Writer
Liya Patel, Staff Writer
Liya Patel is a sophomore staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She runs for the cross country team and enjoys going to friday night football games. Liya lives for Chick-Fil-A and Netflix, and spends her saturdays binge watching “The Office.” She loves to hang out with her friends (AKA Claire Powell), go to movies, and...
  • Schools on Strike

News

Azealia Banks threatens to burn down Lana Del Rey’s house using ‘#AzealiaVoodoo’

• News

First and Last

• Schools on Strike

News

Off the Radar

• Schools on Strike

News

Tiger Tidbits

• Schools on Strike

News

Freshman Frenzy

• News

New Beginnings

• Schools on Strike

News

Off the Radar

• Schools on Strike

Around Blue Valley

BV senior plans to travel to Israel, study Judaism

• Schools on Strike

News

KSPA Results

• Schools on Strike

News

Beyond BV

Schools on Strike