Tiger Tidbits

Noma Kreegar, Editor in Chief

New Buzz-In System

Sometime in the upcoming year, a student-ID buzz in system will be introduced at BV. The security feature will require people entering the school after 8 a.m. to buzz in with a student ID or driver’s license.

The system, which was introduced in hopes to deter students from propping open doors during the school day, will be installed on the main entrances on the north and south sides of the building.

The implementations will be installed starting at the Hilltop learning center and the district’s elementary schools, and eventually at the district’s high schools.

Homecoming 2018

This year’s Homecoming theme is Luau.

The bonfire will be Thursday, Oct. 4 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the far south parking lot, weather permitting.

The parade will take place on Friday, Oct. 5 from 1:45 to 2:45 p.m.

The dance will be on Saturday, Oct. 6 from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m. in the main gym.

Emergency Drills

To ensure the safety of everyone in the building, students and staff will participate in an array of lockdown and emergency procedures. The lockdown procedures will include:

1. Secure entry drill — all exterior doors are checked and locked, all students and staff are moved inside the building, and teaching continues
  2. Lock and teach drill — students are locked inside the classroom and teaching continues
  3. Lockdown: lights out drill — students are moved inside of classrooms, doors are locked, lights are shut off and students are quiet
  4. Shelter in-place drill — students and faculty meet in the gymnasium, and utilities are turned off as needed
  5. Tornado drill
  6. Fire drill
Cheering after receiving a jersey, senior Sean Hurt celebrates earning a 36 on the ACT. “I felt really proud of myself,” he said. “I was glad to have the opportunity to be rewarded for this.”

About the Contributors
Noma Kreegar, Editor in Chief
Noma Kreegar is a senior and the Editor in Chief for “The Tiger Print.” She is also involved in Tiger TV and is the vice president of BV’s Young Progressives club. Noma enjoys listening to music, watching youtube videos, and playing with her dogs. Outside of school, she works at Larkburger as a cashier. Noma’s...
Molly Holmes, Staff Writer
Molly Holmes is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She runs track and cross country, is involved in Students Assist Schools, the Tiger Mentor program and is on the board for UNICEF club. Outside of school, she enjoys photography as well as working as a lifeguard at the Leawood Aquatic Center. After high...
  • Tiger Tidbits

News

Azealia Banks threatens to burn down Lana Del Rey’s house using ‘#AzealiaVoodoo’

• News

First and Last

• Tiger Tidbits

News

Off the Radar

• Tiger Tidbits

News

Freshman Frenzy

• Tiger Tidbits

News

Schools on Strike

• News

New Beginnings

• Tiger Tidbits

News

Off the Radar

• Tiger Tidbits

Around Blue Valley

BV senior plans to travel to Israel, study Judaism

• Tiger Tidbits

News

KSPA Results

• Tiger Tidbits

News

Beyond BV

Tiger Tidbits