Tiger Tidbits October 2018

Noma Kreegar and Molly Holmes

Walking at the Homecoming assembly, juniors Will Montgomery and Julia Pettijohn are the junior attendants. “I got to walk on the field Friday night with my dad,” Pettijohn said. “That was really emotional because my mom couldn’t make it.”

Prairie Restoration

Science teacher Kale Mann is sponsoring the BV Prairie Restoration Club. The club is aims to transform the plot of land behind the freshman football fields into a grassland prairie.

According to ScienceDirect, native grasslands in Kansas have declined steadily for the past 30 years. The club will be working with city officials and various community members to complete the restoration project.

If you’d like to join the club, talk to Mann in Room 209.

Gym Curriculum

In the next few years, there are many changes to be expected in the gym curriculum. The general PE program will branch into more classes like fitness foundations and a strengthening and conditioning course.

Other elective classes will be added for students looking for more activity. Classes for specific sports and group classes such as pilates, yoga, and kick-boxing are likely going to be added in the coming years.

Girl’s Golf

The girl’s golf team qualified for State this year. The State competition took place in Salina, Kansas, and was scheduled for Monday, Oct. 15.

However, due to the near two inches of snow that had fallen on Sunday, the team was forced to wait another day for the competition. The actual State competition took place on Oct. 16, where the team placed fifth as a team. Senior Lauren Wood placed fourth individually.

“We were very excited to go to State as a team this year since we haven’t gone together in three years,” golf captain senior Lauren Reddin said. “We were supposed to play the State tournament on Monday, but it snowed Sunday night so it got postponed until Tuesday to give the snow time to melt.”

About the Contributors
Noma Kreegar, Editor in Chief

Noma Kreegar is a senior and the Editor in Chief for “The Tiger Print.” She is also involved in Tiger TV and is the vice president of BV’s Young Progressives club. Noma enjoys listening to music, watching youtube videos, and playing with her dogs. Outside of school, she works at Larkburger as a cashier. Noma’s favorite number is 8. She has two dogs, Stanley and Poppy.

Molly Holmes, Staff Writer

Molly Holmes is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She runs track and cross country, is involved in Students Assist Schools, the Tiger Mentor program and is on the board for UNICEF club. Outside of school, she enjoys photography as well as working as a lifeguard at the Leawood Aquatic Center. After high school, she hopes to travel the world as an international aid nurse.

Claire Powell, Staff Writer

Claire Powell is a sophomore staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” Her job is to speak to clients on the phone, about quantities and types of copier paper. Whether she can supply it to them, whether they can pay for it. She’s boring herself just talking about it.

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Community Service Day

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Off the Radar

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Azealia Banks threatens to burn down Lana Del Rey’s house using ‘#AzealiaVoodoo’

• News

First and Last

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Off the Radar

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Tiger Tidbits

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Freshman Frenzy

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Schools on Strike

• News

New Beginnings

• Tiger Tidbits October 2018

News

Off the Radar

Tiger Tidbits October 2018