BV around BV

International Public Policy Forum

Though it isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, seniors Drew Schimmel, Johnny Perkins, Brett Jordan and Carter Hagen have dedicated seven months to an international debate competition. After four rounds against debate teams from all around the world, these four have made it to the top sixteen teams, globally.

Though the process of researching and writing their essays has been difficult and time consuming, it has paid off for the four seniors — literally

“So far we’ve won $500,” Schimmel said, “If we advance further, we win the trip to New York and another $250.”

Spring Play

The stage is set, the lights are lit and nine students are waiting in the wings for the spring play “Noises Off.” Performing April 25, 26 and 27, the farcical comedy showcases the talents of the theater department.

“I think the show is going to be good,” cast member junior Lillie Mikuls said. “I think that cast is a bunch of extremely talented people. The show itself is already so good. I know we’ll be able to excel more than just what the script’s given us.”

After six weeks of rehearsing, the cast and crew are prepared to present the result of all their hard work on the comedy demonstrating the strength of the performing arts department.

Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the door.

Show Choir Champions

The blood, sweat and tears that the entire choir put into their performance throughout the year culminated in earning the title of National Grand Champions at “Fame Orlando.” The choir also won multiple other awards, including seniors Trevor Lewis and Amaris Stephenson winning best male and female performers, respectively.

“There would be times we’d rehearse [until] 10:30,” Stephenson said, “We really put in that effort to be the best we could possibly be.”

This championship was the satisfying cherry on top of an already extremely successful season.

“We went ballistic,” Stephenson said. “We were so excited. It was really nice to feel loved and appreciated for the hard work we put in this year.”

Colton Fieger
Colton Fieger, Staff Writer
Colton Fieger is a junior and a staff writer. It is his first year and he is excited to be a part of the staff for the year. He is a member of the speech and debate team, an officer for Sources of Strength, and the treasurer of the drama club. Outside of school, he enjoys hanging out with friends and driving around while listening to music.