Social Success

Online platforms are revolutionizing income generation
Social+Success

The path to financial success has recently taken a new and unexpected turn. Individuals can now make money more easily than ever. With the creation of TikTok Live in 2021, users can sign up for free and livestream anything they’d like under a selected category. Viewers can purchase TikTok coins, an in-app currency that allows them to show real-time appreciation and support to the streamer. These coins contribute significantly to the creator. Every coin a creator is sent is equivalent to one cent USD. For every two coins a creator receives yields one diamond, and for every 200 diamonds, the user can receive one dollar. After TikTok’s 50% commission, they can only withdraw $12.50 from a $50 donation. Although it seems difficult to earn a decent amount of money, it is fairly simple if one understands algorithms and tactics to receive a higher number of interactions. It is suggested to invest time in creating exclusive content to reward viewers who send gifts. This tactic improves the likelihood of gifts users send. Communicating how certain gifts unlock special delicacies makes the user more willing to send coins. By strengthening bonds with viewers by giving personalized shoutouts or greetings engages the audience and increases the likeliness of their watch time. Reverse psychology is even used by telling viewers to stop sending gifts to make them likelier to send them. 

For those looking to further enhance their financial prospects on TikTok Live, mastering the techniques of engagement and understanding the platform’s algorithms can be game-changing. Whether you’re sharing your favorite video game, your passion for cooking, or your artistic talents, the potential to turn your presence into something financially rewarding is within reach for those willing to invest their time.

Ava McNiel
Ava McNiel, Photo Editor
Ava McNiel is a senior and this is her second year on staff as a Photo Editor. Ava loves living life spontaneously and is up for any adventure at the drop of a hat. Her expertise is in the field of digital art, photography, and writing. For fun, Ava loves to listen to music, hangout with friends, shop, create digital art, experiment with musical instruments, and do her own nails. She hopes to pursue her dreams of becoming an architectural engineer. Ava is thrilled to be part of the Tiger Print Newspaper team again this year.