Check-in, week one

|| Check-In ||
This is the first of many check-ins, where I will talk about different stuff I’ve tried and how it worked, outline my fitness goals, and respond to any feedback I might have received. Check-ins will happen every two weeks on Tuesdays.
Since this is the first check-in of the year, I’ll give you guys a little background info about my fitness habits. Basically… I don’t have any. I eat badly (lately I’ve been averaging 2,400 to 2,700 calories a day), I don’t work out regularly (unless walking to class counts) and I enjoy staying stationary entirely too much for a fitness blogger.
But all that’s about to change.
This week, in the spirit of going back to school, I’ll focus on going back to the gym. If you’re a reader who’s never been to the gym, now is the time to get acquainted. My plan is to ease myself into a routine of working out before I start doing anything strenuous like running a mile – while simultaneously focusing on my eating choices and getting myself used to a 2,000-calorie diet.

Goals:
Work out 4 times a week, 30 minutes each (minimum)
Incorporate breakfast into my day
Eat about 2,000 calories each day

Odi Opole, Web Editor
Odi Opole is a senior this year, and the Web Editor for the Tiger Print. She loves writing and listening to music, and is currently Co-President of Diversity club and a member of Headrush Literary Magazine, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, GSA, and Quill and Scroll, along with being a Tiger Mentor. She hopes to attend UMKC for college and become a doctor in the future.
Check-in, week one