BV Boys Varsity Basketball falls to BVNW

The boy’s varsity basketball team fell to the Blue Valley Northwest Huskies in their sixth game of the season with a score of 61-37.
With the way the first quarter went, no one would ever expect such a loss for the Tigers.
At the end of the first, the Tigers trailed 11-8. Junior Connor Hurst hit a last second 3-point shot at the buzzer, but it was waved off by officials. The shot would have tied the game at the end of the quarter.
In the second quarter, BV had four more turnovers than the Huskies and the scoreboard proved it. By half time, the score was 24-12, Huskies.
The Huskies continued their beat down on the Tigers throughout the third quarter –– by the end they lead 43-23.
In the second half, senior Jack Porter drained some threes, but the Tigers could never catch up to the Huskies.
When all hope was lost, coach Chris Hansen entered his JV players to finish the game.
The games ended in a 61-37 loss for the Tigers, their record now 2-4.
The boys are back in action on Jan. 10 against Bishop Miege at home. Tip off is at 7 p.m.
Jansen Hess, Sports Editor
This is junior Jansen Hess’ second year on the Tiger Print staff and it’s her first year as the sport’s editor. She plays varsity soccer, manages both the boys’ varsity soccer and basketball teams, participates in BIONIC and Relay for Life, is a Tiger Mentor, and a member of Quill and Scroll Honor Society as well as National Spanish Honor Society. Jansen loves to spend her time hanging out with friends, watching movies, reading, and listening to music. She is a die-hard KU fan and is in love with Disney movies, especially The Lion King. She wants to thank her friends and family for putting up with her and all her sarcasm.