Making their Mark: Five senior girls recognized during National Signing Day on Nov. 13, sign to play sports at college-level

Meg Garton
Belhaven University, Softball
“There were multiple reasons for choosing Belhaven [University]. The coach loved me for every part of my game, while in the past some coaches have only liked part of my skills. Also, it’s a Christian college, which is what I wanted to have.”

Jessica Krestine
Bethel College, Soccer
“[Bethel] is close to home, so my parents can come down. A lot of [my decision] also came down to money. With how much [my scholarship is] paying me, tuition is affordable.”

Sydnie Hanson
Baker University, Basketball
“I felt really welcomed by the women’s basketball team [at Baker University]. Right when I stepped on campus, I knew it was the place for me.”

Raine Andrews
Kansas State University, Rowing
“I’ve wanted to be a Wildcat for a long time. The rowing team gave me an opportunity to meet new people, compete as a Division I athlete and travel. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Chloe Rogers
Lipscomb University, Volleyball
“I decided to go to Lipscomb [University] because the first time I visited, I fell in love with the town. I wanted a family atmosphere, and the team is like a family away from home.”

Matt Antonic, Sports Editor