Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Tigers improve to 14-3-1

Kyle Elmendorf, Staff Writer

Thursday, April 26, the Varsity baseball team continued their winning season in an attempt to repeat as State champions. They were 10-2-1, and had not lost since April 10 against Blue Valley Northwest. After beating Bishop Miege on Tuesday, they then had to travel to St. Thomas Aquinas High School on Thursday to face off against the 8-4 Saints. The Tigers won 4-3.

The next day, April 27, BV traveled to Tulsa, OK to play two games against Bishop Kelly High School. Bishop Kelly was 20-5 before their friday game with the Tigers, but BV won the first game 9-4. On Saturday, the Tigers once again played Bishop Kelly and won 10-5.

Shawnee Mission East was next for BV, with the game taking place on Monday, April 30. The Lancers defeated the Tigers 3-2, snapping their 6 game winning streak in April.

The next day the Tigers had to face off against EKL rival BV Southwest. The Tigers were held hitless through 6 innings and trailing 0-1, until a 7th inning rally sparked a Tiger comeback which ended up winning them the game.

On May 4, the Tigers will once again played BV Southwest.

Saturday the 5th, the Tigers played another out-of-state opponent, Fayetteville High School, at the BV West fields.

The Tigers will finish off their regular season this Tuesday against St. James, and they will also play out their extra innings against BV West from their game at Kauffman Stadium on April 17.

Their postseason begins the following weekend with regionals, where they will attempt to defend their 2017 State championship.

About the Contributors
Kyle Elmendorf, Staff Writer
Kyle Elmendorf is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” He primarily enjoys writing about sports and occasionally takes pictures. Inside of school, he is a member of the cross country and tennis team, and outside of school he enjoys working. Next year he hopes to go to college and pursue a degree in...
Molly Holmes, Staff Writer
Molly Holmes is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She runs track and cross country, is involved in Students Assist Schools, the Tiger Mentor program and is on the board for UNICEF club. Outside of school, she enjoys photography as well as working as a lifeguard at the Leawood Aquatic Center. After high...
  • Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Tiger Football- First Two Weeks

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Photos

Fall Sports Night Photo Gallery

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

2017-2018 Sports Review in Photos

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Swim Summary

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Game day at the K

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Varsity Baseball Continues Winning Season

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Varsity Baseball Game at the K Photo Gallery

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Tiger Lacrosse Defeats Rockhurst

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Spring Sports

• Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights

Sports

Winterguard

Varsity Baseball Results, Highlights