Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Melanie White, Photo Editor

Melanie White
In the play, 30 separate plays were performed in the average length of a normal play, 60 minutes. Every member of the cast was used in this play as multiple different characters.

Melanie White
Each actor developed their skills by playing different parts. Every person got to play at least three different characters for this one performance.

Almost every play also used props. Here, a monkey was used for humorous effect after it was placed on the actress’s head.

Melanie White
Gesturing to the audience, an actor in the play emphasizes a point made by the actor presenting a monolouge.

Melanie White
Acting in the play, sophomore Matthew Grigoratos pretends to read a review of his play. “I absolutely adore the theater program here because it is an environment where everyone is absolutely accepting of everybody,” he said. “It’s all one big, supportive family. It’s made school an absolute blast to go to every day.”

Melanie White
Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind involved a ton of audience participation, especially in the form of choosing what play to perform next. This was done by having the audience shout numbers to the actor currently on stage, who would then reveal what the next play would be.

Melanie White
For one of the plays, each actor involved told a part of the story on stage in a tag-team form of acting.

Melanie White
Members of the audience were used both to pick which play would be performed next, as well as in the plays themselves. Here, an audience member is being surrounded by hissing, aggressive cast members.

Melanie White
In this play, “Blind Date” a member of the cast was brought up in order to be the actor’s date. Here, he is opening crackers, which were later mixed with milk and presented to her.

Melanie White
The Blue Valley Repertory Theater’s fall play, Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind was performed on Nov. 17 in the Black Box Theater.

Melanie White, Photographer

Melanie White is a photographer for “The Tiger Print.” She loves photography, and enjoys riding horses in her free time. This year Melanie plans to gain experience photographing sports and people. Her goal this year is to provide the best photos possible for the newspaper.

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

Freshman Fun

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Fall Sports

JV Boys soccer game against Bishop Miege

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

News

Freshman Frenzy

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

Fall Sports Night Photo Gallery

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

Art Classes

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

Art Classroom Photos

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

Relay for Life 2018

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

March 2018 News in Photos

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

News in Photos February 2018

• Repertory Theater Fall 2017

Photos

Breaking Up The Crowd

Repertory Theater Fall 2017