News in Photos February 2018

Melanie White, Photo Editor

Melanie White
Cheering for the seniors playing Knock Out, senior Nick McLaury yells. During the Winter Sports Assembly, the December and January teachers of the month were announced — science teachers John Holloway and Charlena Sieve.

Melanie White
Acting as the arms of his castmate, senior Garrett Gunnerson reaches for a jolly rancher on the floor. “Everyone is super supportive,” he said. “The people are super fun.”

Cassidy Carpenter
Looking through sheets of music, junior Hamilton Brown switches songs during the Blue Valley Band’s spaghetti concert, which entices eighth graders to join the band. “I have a lot of friends in band,” he said. “We all work really hard over the season to put out a good show.”

Melanie White
Waving a flag, junior Josh Harrington acts in the Repertory Theatre’s winter play “Urinetown.” In the play, citizens fought for the right to pee for free. “My favorite part about theatre is the atmosphere. Everyone is super nice and we’re all like a huge family.”

Cassidy Carpenter
Giving a speech, senior Kevin Man practices for the State debate competition. “[The debate topic this year, which is] education, applies pretty well to the real world,” Man said. “The policies that we talk about actually affect us.”

Victoria Wilson
Dancing with her partner, senior Ady Shaw performs with the Chamber Singers. “I love how we include classic choral pieces but also modern pop pieces and pieces from musical theater,” she said.

About the Contributors
Melanie White, Photographer
Melanie White is a photographer for “The Tiger Print.” She loves photography, and enjoys riding horses in her free time. This year Melanie plans to gain experience photographing sports and people. Her goal this year is to provide the best photos possible for the newspaper.
Cassidy Carpenter, Staff Writer
Cassidy Carpenter is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” She loves her dog Kasey and enjoys spending time with friends and family. Cassidy’s favorite part of newspaper is the opportunity to see Mrs. Huss every day and meet new people.
Victoria Wilson, Staff Writer
Victoria Wilson is a senior staff writer for “The Tiger Print.” In her free time she works part-time at Chipotle and enjoys to read non-fiction psychology books. After high school she plans on attending K-State to study biology with a concentration in neuroscience as she hopes to become a Psychiatric Physician’s Assistant.
  • News

Freshman Frenzy

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

Fall Sports Night Photo Gallery

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

Art Classes

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

Art Classroom Photos

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

Relay for Life 2018

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

March 2018 News in Photos

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

Breaking Up The Crowd

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

Tiger Turf December 2017

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

CAPS-turing Creativity

• News in Photos February 2018

Photos

News in Photos December 2017

News in Photos February 2018